New AllSkEye ‘PRO’ version
A quick notification to let you know that AllSkEye has been updated and we are now up to version 0.9.17.6.
New ‘PRO’ versions:
The most notable ‘big change’ has been the introduction of a ‘Pro Version’ of AllSkEye which is part of this latest update. In order to keep this post reasonably short I just want to highlight the main points, you can find much more detailed info about all of this on the website which is linked below.
Why A PRO Version:
AllSkEye has grown a lot over the last couple of years and the development and support is taking up a considerable amount of my time (more really than I can spare for a hobby). Whilst I love doing it, it is coming to a point where I need some form of motivation/justification to continue supporting and developing the app at this level and spending the amount of time on it.
It is not about earning money though! What I am really aiming/hoping for is to raise funds for my chosen charity ‘SOS Children’s Villages’ who do fantastic work all around the world. Additionally I am also trying to cover the cost for running the AllSkEye servers that are required to develop the app and run the website. This is not a great cost but it would be ideal if the development and maintenance of AllSkEye would be cost neutral to me. The time donated to doing it all will of course be free.
The PRO version adds the following Features to AllSkEye:
The ‘Pro Features’ are a ‘thank you’ for supporting this project and my chosen charity. I hope they are useful!
- Latest Image Keograms: Create a Keogram of your latest images over time.
- Latest Image Horizon Projections: Create a horizon projection of your latest image.
- Startrails: Create star trail images of your converted images (manually and automatically).
- Camera Cooling: Cooling controls for ASI ZWO and ASCOM cameras (additional camera types available on request).
- RawFile Reader Camera: This can be used to use AllSkEye with a DSLR camera. The DSLR is not controlled but AllSKEye will process any RAW images saved into the Acquisition folder as if taken by a camera.
What about the Standard ‘Free Version’?
Please note that I am NOT trying to force anyone into upgrading to the PRO version! The standard free version of AllSkEye contains all the features it had before with no restrictions and I will certainly continue developing it! So if you want to continue using it as you do now then nothing changes and there is no pressure to upgrade!
Should you have any question please don’t hesitate to get in touch! To find out more about the whole thing please have a look here: https://www.allskeye.com/allskeye-pro/